Monday, May 10, 2010

Apology

The internet is finally working again.  I apologize for not posting anything except for a couple of short posts I managed to write from my phone.  I apologize for depending on my dad to handle the internet subscription.  I apologize that we live in a backwards society in which a 23 year old man still lives with his parents.  I apologize that this same society finds it more appropriate for a grown man to live with his parents than to live alone and depend on himself.  I apologize for the bureaucracy in this country that has caused us to linger back when all the other nations are striving for success.  A bureaucracy where you cannot pay your own phone and internet bills online.  A bureaucracy where bedouins are running the country's institutions.  I apologize for living here.  I apologize for keeping my mouth shut all this time.  I promise you this, I will no longer refrain from taking action when I can and I will no longer keep my mouth shut from the atrocities that I witness in the land that I love.

2 comments: